- May 21, 2020
File Under: Matrimonial & Family Law
Jeralyn Lawrence, Founder and Managing Partner of Lawrence Law, took place in MyShingle.com’s interview series – Pandemic Law Practice: How 14 Solo & Small Firm Lawyers Are Serving Clients and Keeping the Wheels of Justice Turning. Click here to hear the interview.
A couple of highlights from Lawrence’s interview regarding client issues
- Custody and parenting time issues are among the most challenging for clients during the COVID-19 crisis. Mostly because, people are not always following stay-at-home and court orders.
- Clients are deeply worried about their financial futures. Many clients have lost their jobs or have had a reduction of income. Many of those who have child support and alimony obligations do not know how to pay. And those who on the receiving end are worried about paying their bills or feeding their children if they do not receive these obligations.
Highlights about practicing law during COVID-19
- Firm is fully operational using technology. Initial client consultations are happening remotely.
- The team at the firm are thankfully safe and working from home. However, Lawrence misses seeing them.
- Courts are open – remotely. The lawyers of Lawrence Law are arguing motions, handling mediations, and even trying cases through Zoom.
Launched in 2002 by practicing attorney Carolyn Elefant, MyShingle.com was the very first blog for and about solo and small law firms, and part of the first generation of 100 lawyer blogs to come online. To date, MyShingle.com remains the most comprehensive online resource for solo and small firm lawyers with thousands of blog posts and an impressive stock of free e-books, checklists and forms on starting and running a law firm.
Lawrence Law is open and our attorneys are practicing law during the COVID-19 crisis. Please call us if you have any questions about divorce and family law.